Friday, August 7, 2009

Visiting the Grandparents


I have been visiting my grandparents since Tuesday evening. It always seems to do the trick when I need a little slowing down.


We have eaten up at the cafeteria for 2 of our lunches together. I sat with Grandma while she watched the Country Store, one morning. We also volunteered to fold and label the home's news letter. And we participated in the Bingo night (Grandpa won one, but we all walked away with consolation candy bars.) So they know me quite well around here now. :)

I managed to talk the two of them into going for pizza one night and we met my aunt, uncle, cousins, and my cousin's kids there. I was happy with how things went, but unfortunately both of my g-parents are so hard of hearing that neither of them could hear what was being said. I had to fill them in later.

Yesterday, I cleaned out my car (for 3 hours) and then took it for a final drive out to the farm where my cousin is going to watch over it. It was like handing over my freedom. It's a little sad, and a little scary, but it'll all be ok.

Gma and I have gone on a few walks around the lake here at the home. The weather was just beautiful walking weather the first couple days. We have been baking and cooking all day today and haven't gotten a chance for a walk. It's probably just as well, since its pretty warm out anyway.



To say the least, I've been eating well. Bread from scratch...well, everything pretty much from scratch now that I think about it.

Tomorrow morning, the plan is to be up and out of here by 7am. There is a family reunion being held in Cheney, KS.

And I almost forgot. My grandparents taught me how to play Rumikub. We spent one evening playing it and now it's making its way back to Wichita with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment