I made it four years.
Random list of Dread bits from the past year:
- Some of the dreads started becoming noticeably thinner in the middle.
- I tried sewing them with needle and thread to strengthen the thinning spots. It worked pretty well.
- I tried felting some of the loose hairs with just a felting needle....
- and felted some with felting wool. Both ways worked pretty well.
- I had a few break off. One during a make-out session when the other person tried to run their fingers through my dreads.
- Still using the same washing technique...except now I just fill up the bathroom sink instead of a big bowl.
- The washing recipe is the same, I just added grapefruit extract to the mix.
- My first friend got dreads.
- I still wish they were softer. I never did (haven't done) anything to try and make them softer.
- They are seriously long.
- I day dream about cutting them off and scrubbing my bald head.
- I still receive lots of compliments and questions from strangers.
- I seldom use hair ties anymore when I pull it up. I just twist it and tuck it into itself.
- There is one dread that is longer than the rest. It had been wrapped up for a couple years and I loved it's wrapping, but took it out in hopes that it shrinks up a bit and fits in with the others more.
- They were the inspiration for 2 Halloween outfits.
- I tried doing curly again.
How they've changed through the years....
3 Year Dreadiversary
2 Year Dreadiversary
1 Year Dreadiversary
And I just can't help but reminiscence over this one. 30 Years of hairdos