Sunday, July 1, 2012

the Sunday Special - Blueberry Bran Pancakes/Crepes


I took a little break from my usual breakfast of grapefruit and a green smoothie to try something new.


I changed up a pancake recipe and came up with this yummy healthier version.


Blueberry Bran Pancakes

1 cup Toasted Oat Bran
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg
1 cup Coconut Milk 
1/2 cup Blueberry Greek Yogurt
Fresh Blueberries

Sift together dry ingredients in one bowl. Fork beat egg, milk, and yogurt in another bowl. Combine the 2 bowls' ingredients. Pour onto a coconut oil greased griddle, placing fresh blueberries in the uncooked side. Turn once. 





I also tried using half coconut milk and half water. I'm not sure what else could have caused the difference, but that time they came out super thin like crepes, and just as yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment