Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Warning: Ugly post with Ugly pictures

As most of you know now, my bike and I did the tango with a car last week. I spent over an hour on the phone with the insurance adjuster tonight and just finished emailing her pictures. For those of you who like seeing this sort of thing, here ya go.


Quick blurry pics taken during check-in at the hospital. Notice the lovely lump near my ankle.







Arriving home and being reunited with my bike.


Yes, my handlebars are now parallel with my front tire.


I'm pretty sure this guy gave me the largest lump on my leg.



The adjuster requested a photo of my face with my leg. I explained this to my mom who took the picture. Her response, "little does she know, you can put your legs behind your head." lol Yes, thank you, Mom! That would have been a very awkward but funny picture to send.



So besides some bruising, there is still a hard lump on my leg....aka a hematoma. (A hematoma is a hard lump that develops at the site of the bruise, it's actually a small amount of blood pooling into the fatty tissues under the skin.)

I have been hopping around on the other foot and using crutches so far. My uninjured leg and the rest of my body is feeling the strain. A massage is definitely in order.

1 comment:

  1. I thought haven’t read such distinctive material anywhere else on-line.hollankken

    ReplyDelete