Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wild Wednesday - Camp Style

I woke up early today and figured I'd utilize my time by posting a few pics of camp. Typically I'm not thinking about my camera throughout the day, so there is soooo much more I could have captured. The camp has multiple camera's of it's own that everyone uses so there are lots more pictures 'out there', I just need to figure out how to share those with you. In the meantime, here are some of my own.

As a village activity last Friday, we created a carnival for the Manzanita girls. It's on my top 10 funnest times at camp list. My favorite part was apple bobbing.

Some girls really got into it!


I felt like a little kid again. I laughed so hard. I'm proud to say I got my apple in 5 secs (of course, after I watched everyone else's technique).

This is a typical day at camp. Oh, lets paint one of the counselors. Btw, that's tempera paint not face paint. Her face, arms, and even her shirt were painted. Crazy campers. :)


If that's not wild enough for you, we built a giant phoenix that we shot flaming arrows at during our 4th of July celebration.



the archers

Ah, Lazy Dog. I've been hearing lots about it and finally discovered why. It's so delicious! I chose a peanut butter drumstick (not your ordinary drumstick, this puppy was huge) dipped in dark chocolate.

This is the daily menu board and I just thought the Limerick was cute ... plus you can see a sampling of what we eat around here.

Off to check the schedule and see what I'm doing (and eating :) ) today.

No comments:

Post a Comment