Sunday, January 15, 2012

the Sunday Special - pumpkin balls

You might recall, I made pumpkin chili for Christmas. I actually used a regular pumpkin, not one intended for cooking, and it still came out great. Well, that big boy yielded a lot of pumpkin puree. First, I made the chili and bread. Later, I made pumpkin scotties (my creation) and pumpkin balls. Yeah, pumpkin balls. Like meat balls but with pumpkin instead.

about 2-3 cups pumpkin puree
3 eggs
a little over 1 cup bread crumbs
3/4 cup almond meal
grated pepper jack cheese
sauteed onion, garlic, and red pepper
seasoning: ground oregano, minced onion, and basil

Mix it all together. Scoop into balls. Sprinkle with garlic salt and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Eat 'em while their hot.

I saved a little bit to make pumpkin patties (aka veggie burgers) the next day which turned out quite scrumptious, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment