Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday Travels - Adventures in Bicycle Thrift Shopping

Riding past a thrift store the other day, I was drawn in to see if there were any treasures to be found. I ended up finding more treasures than 1. I have the money for and 2. arms to carry them home.

It didn't stop me from pushing the limits. I had to do some major rearranging to fit everything. I actually sat outside the store and ate a snack that went from being carried in my backpack to being carried in my belly. It took quite a bit of concentration to balance the very full suitcase on the handlebars and my backpack not only couldn't zip closed, but I'm pretty sure this was the cause of one of the straps tearing.



Aaaah. it was worth it. I and my treasures made it home in one piece. (Funny Fact: Someone sitting on their porch saw me riding by and asked if I wanted to take a break and have a glass of water. I politely declined. I wonder how far they thought I was traveling.)





If I get reincarnated as a children's book character, it will likely be The Cat in the Hat.


Among the treasures were...







matching green vintage luggage





with this rad Bahamas sticker





cool vintage glasses and a brand new donut shaped stone (that I have used to warm up tortilla chips and then sat the salsa in the middle...the best part, the stone stays warm and therefore keeps the chips warm longer!!)





and it looks like I'm going to be painting some more mushrooms (don't tell me you forget about the mushroom shoes). Check out this line up!



Treasures I drooled over, but did not take home...


This very colorful throw





A whole row of super sweet vintage chairs in pristine condition




And this amazing ?game? that had all my favorite retro colors and beautiful illustrations.






I should have just bought it. Really it was a steal for $80 because to me, its a piece of art. If I was driving a car, it probably would have come home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment