Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Sunday Special - vege bread

Not vegan bread, VEGE bread. I put vegetables in it. So in following the same recipe as last time as a guideline, I decided to use olive oil instead of butter, honey instead of sugar, add some bee pollen, change up the flour/flax seed proportions, and added vege pulp left over from juicing.


I added these ingredients in this order into the bread machine.

1 1/8 cups Vanilla Coconut Milk
1 egg
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp (I didn't measure it but it was close enough) Honey
1 tsp salt
1 sprinkle of Bee Pollen
2/3 cup packed down Vege Pulp (carrot, celery, spinach, cilantro)
1 cup Wheat Flour
1 cup All Purpose White Flour
1/2 cup Flaxseed Meal
2 1/8 tsp yeast

It came out really small. Guess it didn't rise.



It tastes good though! And is really moist.


I'm thinking, next time use about 1/2 the pulp. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do differently? I'd like to see it rise and make a bigger, lighter loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment