Thursday, April 5, 2012

deery

There have been quite a few deer in the yard lately. A few weeks ago, I was surprised to find a whole herd of them right out the picture window. Just about 6 feet from where I was standing (inside the house). I started counting and thought I was done when I reached 6, but then I kept seeing more deer-rières. I knew they'd be gone by the time I ran and got my camera so I just enjoyed watching them bounce down the driveway and across to the neighbors yard.

Today I happened to see one in the back yard and was able to grab my camera in time. She actually stuck around for awhile.





Not sure what's going on with the little tufts of hair sticking up randomly. Maybe getting caught on tree branches. Or fighting?

Eventually, she snuck off to a different part of the yard and found two of her friends hanging out. These last two stuck around so long, I thought they were bedding down for the night. The one on the ground there (you just see ears poking out from behind a bush) didn't get up the whole time I was watching it.



But eventually they disappeared

No comments:

Post a Comment