Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday Travels: Super Secret Sweet Summer Scene

I have been itching to go camping all summer. One of the things that makes Summer my favorite season. The rain let up just long enough for an impromptu camping trip to my favorite lake.


This place won my heart years ago. I use to spend a good chunk of my Summers here. Bobbing around with a Mike's Hard Lime Slushy, jumping off the tower, tubing, sailing, fishing (ok, watching), exploring, stoking and hanging around the camp fire, making s'mores to perfection, and all with some of my favorite people. So many fond memories.

I was beyond excited to finally return. And for those who weren't able to join me...I hope these pictures make your heart swell. I was thinking about you all and hope we can all return here together someday soon. 










Five years away was too long. For the most part, it still looks the same and still has the same magic.



The weather was absolutely perfect. Highs in the 80's. Sunshine. The water was warm enough to actually swim and bob around in for as long as we liked. (I say "actually" because I thought it would be cold due to all the rain, but no. Kansas' warm water lakes did not let my cold blood down). The dam was rushing. It was fun exploring and sharing this magical place with newbies.

Check out this crazy centipede!

To top it all off, we were in the perfect spot to view the Perseid Meteor Shower. It was a clear night with the Milky Way visible and everything. We walked up the road just a bit, and laid down right in the road. It was surprisingly comfy. We probably laid there an hour star gazing and talking and laughing.

I don't think I could have asked for a better weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment