My Sweetheart was kind enough to do a little photoshoot with me and we totally lucked out on the weather. Sunshine and blue skies.
We biked around downtown until we found this cool wall....
and had a little fun.
Random list of Dread bits from the past year:
- Still using the same washing technique and recipe.
- I bought some Argan oil and tried putting it on my dreads to make them softer. I liked the way it made them feel. Although I only did it a handful of times, I think it helped a bit and if I had kept doing it, it would have made a bigger difference.
- I don't recall any breaking off this year.
- To combat the criss-cross and grow together tendency, I would separate them and then use a felting needle on the stray hairs.
- They were the inspiration for this years Halloween custom again.
- I would really love to do some fun and crazy things with them more often...because I can and mind as well take advantage while I have them.
- I still receive lots of compliments and questions from strangers.
- I still day dream about cutting them off and scrubbing my bald head.
- I am sooo ready to be done with them, mostly because they are super long and always seem to be in the way.
If I make it another year, it will be a miracle.
The top 2 reasons for not chopping them off as soon as it gets warmer:
1. My boyfriend likes them. (He thinks I should keep them until after I get married. No, we are not engaged.;) )
2. I plan to travel overseas next year and something about having dreads gives me ...comfort? (for lack of a better word), strength?, peace of mind? perhaps.
Hmmm, I think I'm in need of dread-do inspiration. Like the kind I was filled with when dreads were still just a wee glimmer in my eye.
How they've changed through the years....
4 Year Dreadiversary
3 Year Dreadiversary
2 Year Dreadiversary
1 Year Dreadiversary
And at the end of this post, are baby dreads. 30 Years of hairdos