Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Concert - Ingrid Michaelson

So did everyone see the gorgeous moon last night?

Funny how the moon always looks so much smaller in photos. (top left)

We were on our way to see Ingrid Michaelson in concert at the Grey Eagle. She was recently mentioned in two of my favorite blogs I stock. Both of these blogs are great if you are looking for inspiration, etc. This one particular post asked readers who they were listening to (hmmm, good idea for a post, huh) and someone mentioned Ingrid. If you haven't heard of Grooveshark before, it's basically an online database of music you can listen to for free. So I listened to some of her music (along with lots of other great suggestions from that posting). I sort of forgot about her til the other blogger mentioned her. Then only a day or two later I saw her featured on Grey Eagle's website and I jumped on the chance to see her.

We arrived a little early and ate Cajun food from their kitchen and played Gin (yes, the card game) at the bar. I also had fried green tomatoes for the first time. eeh

There were also 2 opening acts. All 3 of them were talented singers, but they were really funny too. We were kept entertained with comedy and lots of sing alongs. And the venue is a nice size allowing us an intimate experience with the artists.

Greg Holden

Ingrid Michaelson w/Greg Laswell

Unfortunately some tall dude planted himself right smack in front of the main mic. So most of my pics contain the back of his head.

2 comments:

  1. yes, that moon was awesome! Almost a harvest moon here, having more color than usual.
    Keep on having a great life, Jess!
    love,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, took in the beauty of the moon. I think Fall is my favorite season. Even though nature is going to sleep for the winter months, it is the riches in color. I'm taking pictures this afternoon to catch these hues. It's so great to see and read your smiles in your journaling. Travel safe and savor all, love ya, Re

    ReplyDelete