Sunday, March 27, 2011

the Sunday Special - Fave Flavor Combos + Carrot Smoothie

Peanut Butter and Chocolate. That is my all time favorite flavor combination. We actually found dark chocolate peanut butter lately and ooohh is it yummy. We used it as fudge on our ice cream sundays and I'd bet it's the best 'fudge' I've ever had.


Strawberry and Banana is good. How about Carrots and Grapes? Seriously. I like baby carrots and red grapes together. Carrots, grapes and cheddar cheese is a good combo too.

Well, I love experimenting and decided to make a smoothie today. My smoothies are usually pretty healthy anyway, but I want to start baby stepping into even healthier ones. I raided the frig, as usual, to see what I could throw in there. I figured since I like carrot juice, and I like carrots with fruit, that it was the most-likely-to-taste-good-in-a-smoothie candidate.


Carrot Smoothie
makes just over 3 cups

1 1/2 cups of Mango Juice
1/2 cup Plain Organic Soy Yogurt
1 over ripe Banana
1 Pear
6 fat Baby Carrots (about 1 full size carrot)
1 handful of Seedless Red Grapes (20 small ones)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon Flax Seed (I don't measure)

It turned out yummy and healthy. By the way, this was the first time I have had soy yogurt. I tasted it before putting it into the smoothie and I have to say, it's pretty yucky just by itself.

So what are some of your favorite flavor combos? The healthier the better!

1 comment:

  1. Not really healthy, but I really love Nutella with (unsmoked!) Gouda Cheese on (preferably Dutch) bread, yum yum yum!

    Also, really not healthy though, mayonnaise on fries!! That's the way most common way to eat fries in the Netherlands (and Belgium), but most Americans here seem to find it weird... People back in Japan too... Well, I wouldn't eat it any other way! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete