Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wild Hair Wednesday - Fishtail Faux Hawk

I have a fun one for you today!! I've been wanting to do a faux hawk for quite some time now and yesterday I had a reason to try it. One of the funnest parts of being my own model, is getting to dress up. =) I have a pair of punk lumber jack (that's what I'm calling them) leg warmers. What better to pair them with than a faux hawk and heavy eye liner. My black leather combat boots from high school would have come in handy too. My mom always said she saw me dating biker dudes. haha! Little did she know, I was a hippie. lol

Needless to say, I've tried on many looks in my life and still enjoy 'playing' in that way.

 My original intention was just a faux hawk, but I didn't want to take the time to figure out how to get my dreads to stand straight up. It's not wise to put product in your dreads because depending on what it is, it won't wash out. Some dread heads use wax. I tried a tiny bit on a couple of mine once and regretted it. Really, you don't need it. (However, that would have definitely helped to get a good hawk.)

  I ended up gathering the top section into a small ponytail and then worked my way down, gathering and making more ponytails. At this point, they just flopped to one side or fanned out. So that lead me to sort of tuck and braid it into place...which is why it resembles a messy fishtail. Then I tied a piece of yarn on the bottom to finish the look.




Come on, we all like being one from time to time. =)







If you just can't get enough. Check out my other Hair posts.
This one was a big hit. Jessie B's 30 years of Hair Dos

No comments:

Post a Comment