Thursday, May 24, 2012

homemade mannequin

Sewing without a pattern is a little tricky without a dress form or mannequin. I try to pin it on myself, look in the mirror, and then carefully take it off ... usually, having to repeat a few times. The vision is a bit lost during this lengthy process.

A mannequin has been on my want list for a few years now. An adjustable dress form would be the most helpful, but a mannequin will still work for now. Well, the pricing for a new one is a bit more than I can spare, and used ones are hard to come by around here. So I made one out of wire, industrial strength duct tape, glue, and newspaper.







It's by no means perfect, but I think I can get some use out of it.


Next, I need to figure out how to attach it to this stand. If it works out well, it might get a new paint job.

No comments:

Post a Comment