Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday Travels - SURPRISE!!

Not only is it Tuesday and I AM traveling, but today is also my mom's birthday. I have been planning a surprise trip for her for 3 years. She hasn't done much traveling in her life and often tells me she lives vicariously through me. (One of the reasons I started this blog to begin with.) Well, I decided it was about time she got to experience some first hand.

A couple months ago, my sister and I told my mom that we were flying her out here to Tahoe to spend a week with me for her birthday. (My sister was originally suppose to come too and make it a fun girl trip, but her doctor said it would not be a good idea since she'd be 7 months along by that point.)

I have been so excited; I could hardly contain myself.

So she flew into SAC yesterday. I met her at the airport and broke the news to her that she wasn't going to get to see Tahoe after all. Big bummer, right. Yeah, she's going to have to get right back on the plane and fly outta here.


Because she's spending her birthday in HAWAII instead!!!



1 comment: