Sunday, September 15, 2013

the Sunday Special - Chocolate Curry Sauce

I love Thai food. I'm always tempted to ask restaurants for their recipes, but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to share. So with a couple different curry recipes I found on line, I was off experimenting as usual.




Chocolate Curry Sauce

1 diced onion
handful of mushrooms chopped
1 large minced garlic clove
1 can green chilies
1 can coconut milk
1 lime (juice and pulp)
Honey
2 TB? curry powder
1 TB? cinnamon
1 Tb? red pepper and ground melon seeds (i had seasoned and toasted some melon seeds)
3 fresh Thai basil leaves finely chopped
1/2 can tomato paste
3 chunks of extra strong dark chocolate with 77% cocoa

*The chocolate was actually a spontaneous last minute addition that paired nicely with the curry. Call it my signature.

I sauteed the onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Threw in the chilies and let them warm up to draw out the flavor. Added the coconut milk, lime, honey, and seasonings. Once that was warm I added the rest, stirring to make sure the chocolate melted and was evenly distributed

I sauteed sweet potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, green beans, and more garlic (all from the farmers market). Tossed it in the sauce and whalla!


No comments:

Post a Comment