Thursday, December 30, 2010

Homemade Stockings and Owl Ornament

More handmade Christmas from resurrected tshirts, yarn, and embroidery floss. This was my first time making stockings. My mom made us quite a few growing up. My very favorite being Snoopy. It was made of faux fur and had a floppy ear.
For fun, I thought I'd make mine different on each side so we can change it up from year to year. One side matches this years tree decor with bright colors. The other side is more Christmasy with just red, green, and white.




The tshirt I used for the toe and heal of the stockings is the same tshirt I used for this little owl. (Actually this shirt also made it onto the hoodie too.) I used 3 of the same yarns that we used on the other ornaments so they coordinate. He was completely hand stitched....and during the lunar eclipse non the less :). A fun little memory to go with him. And I have to admit....he is my favorite. He turned out just as cute as I had imagined him to be.





To 2010!

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season and a happy, healthy year! May it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment