Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today's pickin's


I've been volunteering at Hungry Mother nursery for 4 weeks now, today being my 4th time. The weather last night and early this morning was crazy windy and rainy here in the valley, but looking at the mountains right outside the window, there's... well... that white stuff I just don't want to talk about in early October. One things for sure, I'm happy to be 2000 feet lower. Needless to say, it was a little chilly today at the nursery. We worked hard getting all the plants inside. Volunteers came out of the woodwork and made for a very productive few hours.

It's a heck of a deal. You work hard for a few hours in exchange for yummy healthy food.
Here is today's pickin's.
 
Spinach, apple, cabbage, variety of little tomatoes, peppers, chives, eggs, carrots, onions (purple scallions, I believe), big green tomato, yellow squash, and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment