Monday, August 16, 2010

Fun Weekend

I had a fun filled weekend.

Friday night I went to see a long awaited movie with my bff Ann. We saw "Eat, Pray, Love" and then enjoyed some girlie conversation over drinks and shared a huge piece of chocolate cake al a mode.

the only picture i took was of my hair. whoops.

Saturday I joined my sister and nephews for a trip to the Wichita Art Museum. yay for free admission! We had a fun time in the children's area.


dressin' up


fun mural. the room was POP themed

and drawing
(museum pics taken by my sister Michelle)

Saturday night, I met up with some friends at a local bar to see one of our favorite bands the Calamity Cubes who opened for a new-to-us band called the Goddamn Gallows. We had a blast! Both bands were very interactive and came out into the crowd. There was head bangin', hips swayin', fire spitting (actually the GD G's liked to spit alot! crude, but as long as I was out of the range of fire, it was ok). Since it is Monday and Monday is usually Media Monday around here, check out the links to these 2 bands. Good stuff!

Sunday, I attended my first polo match... but there was no polo because it rained. We still had fun under the pavilion waiting out the rain. It really helped cool things off. Its been in the triple digits here in Kansas and we were so happy to actually be a little chilly in the wind and rain.

my friend Gretchen and her daughter Aubria (who's trying to stay dry under a sheet)

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with them. Gretchen let me borrow her cute bike and I enjoyed a fun bike ride in the 80's weather.



I thought it was so cute to have Aubria's elementary school in the background. She started 6th grade today at a new school. I'm so excited for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment