Thursday, April 7, 2011

Magic

I was reading Jessica Swift's blog the other day, and she shared some wonderful words of wisdom that I would like to permanently impress upon my subconscious. This is what she said.

Things I'd like to remember today:

  • We each have our own personal magic, and when we tap into it and trust it (even if it feels like a big leap of faith), then magic will start to appear in our lives
  • Comparing ourselves to others and wishing that our lives were something other than what they are is a guaranteed way to disconnect from that personal magic
  • Work hard, play hard
  • If we listen closely, we will understand that we know exactly what we need to do in this moment. We don't need to listen to anyone but ourselves.
  • The world is full of magic. All we have to do is look for it, and we will find it...
  • I am magic. And you are magic, too.
Thank you, Jessica, for a beautiful reminder to trust in ourselves. Jessica Swift is a very talented designer and illustrator. Here's some of her work (which you can find on jessicaswift.com).





And just for fun, here's a Magical Music playlist.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you...I needed to read this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so great. I second Queen Mother - i needed to read this one too. thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ha ha i really like the first image!

    ReplyDelete