Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Travels

I went to Yosemite National Park for the first time this past weekend. We left Wednesday night and camped just outside the park. I set my phone alarm to wake up at 4:45am and headed into the park. About 2 hours later we reached the valley.



We stood in line at Camp 4 (the only open walk-in campground this time of year) and were lucky enough to get a camping spot there. We didn't even set up the tent before heading out on our first hike.




top of Yosemite Falls


Then Friday we went on another hike to the top of Nevada Falls and around to Vernal Falls.





Nevada Fall

This cute tree looked like it had garland strung on it.


The staircase next to Vernal Fall


The Mist Trail was a little more than misty.

Saturday morning we had a bear come through our camp. While others were yelling and chasing it out of the camp, me and a few others were running after them trying to get a good picture. Unfortunately, this is what I ended up with.


My nephew (aka Tow Mater) lost these two teeth (they were naturally fused together).


On the way out of the park, we saw these interesting 3 wheelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment